Thursday, May 05, 2011

Cakes from My Elephant (Sec 17 & Sri Hartamas)

Follow up to this entry earlier on Maggie's birthday and I said I'll write a separate entry for the cakes bought that night. So here it is. A short one :)


A couple of months back, the same group of friends and I went to try out this so-called "one of the best Thai restaurant in PJ" at Section 17. The name is My Elephant.

The food is pretty good (recommended to try but a little pricey because the portion is small) and as much as I'd like to give the place a review, unfortunately, I did not take any photos of the food due to the poor lighting. If you are going to give My Elephant a try after reading my blog, please read this carefully...



You must try their Mango Cheesecake!


Don't freaking leave the place if you did not try it! Apparently they don't sell Mango Cheesecake everyday so it really depends on your LUCK! Cry and beg them for it wtf. So delectable and awesome that I personally went back to that place a couple days later to buy a few slices for my family to savour.

My friends love the Mango Cheesecake from there so much so that they decided to order it from My Elephant again in conjunction with Maggie's birthday. It's killing 2 birds with 1 stone :D


This time around, we are a little adventurous and bought other flavours to try out!


Cakes from My Elephant (numbered for easy reading).


1. Mango Cheesecake. The bomb! Mango's sweet and it complements the cheese base so well. The mango is frozen so the texture is maintained and doesn't melt so quickly. I absolutely LOVE the way they placed the mango slices like a flower :)

2. Peach Cheesecake. Peach is sweet but trust me, once you've tried Mango Cheesecake, this will be too plain/ordinary for your liking.

3. Chocolate Cheesecake. Funnily, it tastes like Milo. It's creamy and thick and it really tastes like Milo I kid you not! And too sweet for me :(

4. Blueberry Cheesecake. This was my second favourite after Mango Cheesecake. I think it was quite nice except for the fact that it melted a little on that day so it was a bit too soft to eat. But it's okay anyway.


My verdict?


Just stick to My Elephant's Mango Cheesecake.

Look how pretty the cake looks!


Oh! Just to let you know, if you dine in at My Elephant, the frozen mango is laid flat instead of standing prettily like the photo above. So don't complain to them saying that the cakes bought by Jaclyn looks pretty and yours is ugly okay!


I would totally recommend you guys to buy 1 whole of this Mango Cheesecake if you are planning to celebrate a friend's birthday with less than 10 pax. Not only the cake looks pretty and yummy, it's reasonably priced too. I forgot the exact price but it's around RM70++.

When the waiters at Maria's Cafe took out the cakes for us, they even asked us where we bought the cakes from and the number to call because the cakes are pretty! I think their boss is interested to try?


(Seriously, I think My Elephant should give my friends and I discounts for promoting their cakes on that day as well as in my blog LOL!)




If you are interested in giving this a try after reading my review above, book the cakes in advance by giving them a call.


My Elephant
Block C-G4 Happy Mansion
Section 17/13
46400 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Tel: 010-220 1283/ 012-328 5028 (Patrick)

Business Hours: Tuesday to Sunday (except Sunday lunch)
12pm - 2.30pm; 6pm to 10pm.


They have a branch at Sri Hartamas too! That's where we collected 5 of our cakes from! Google the rest of the info yourself!

11 comments:

food^we^despise said...

Mango cheesecake looks good. will try next time i go down KL. BTW, how much per piece/slice, the myelephant website didn't include this item inside.

siokyim said...

u know i have been waiting for this update :) cause i have been receiving lots of good comment fr the food blogger. the cheese cake looks tempting will find one day to try out since they hv outlet @ hartamas too? does the thai food taste good btw?

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Hi food^we^despise! Thanks for dropping by! The Mango Cheesecake really looks pretty when u buy it as a whole! Per slices, it doesn't look that attractive though. About the price, I can't remember! If I'm not mistaken, it's about RM7.50-RM8.50 I think. Confirm less than RM10 unless they increased the price :)


siokyim - No need so ma fun. U make yourself available and I bring u go only. I know both places for Hartamas and Sec 17! Hartamas location is not easy to find :) I miss eating their Mango Cheesecake also :p Their Thai food is good n I know there's another good Thai restaurant in PJ too! Let's try out 1 by 1 next time ;)

romanya vizesi said...

Mango cheesecake looks good

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Hi! Yeap, it's indeed pretty n tastes good too ;)

moldova vize said...

thank you for sharing.

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

You are most welcomed :)

arkadaƟ said...

Mango cheesecake looks good. will try next time i go down KL. BTW, how much per piece/slice, the myelephant website didn't include this item inside.

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Hi arkadas! The cake costs between RM7-8 if I'm not mistaken. Since I had that last year, I'm not sure if they've increased the price or not. Share with me if u liked it :)

romanya vizesi said...

Thank you for valuable information on your website

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

U r most welcomed :)