Sunday, October 09, 2011

Isenbin: Authentic Taiwanese Handmade Desserts, ss2

Yesterday night, Florence and I met up for a drink and after picking her up from her house, she asked, "Are you still craving for Snowflake? What about we try out a newly opened dessert shop in ss2 that sells the same thing as Snowflake? Minus the crazy crowds! "


My answer? "Let's do it!!!"

I love trying out new places with great food recommended by many people. Moreover, Florence managed to convince me that each time she passes by ss2, she saw huge crowd in this newly opened dessert shop and that probably means that they are pretty good.

My reasoning to this is because there are simply too many dessert shops in ss2 (I'm not kidding you). So, if you are facing so many competitors and still managed to draw in the crowd, you must have something that stands out amongst the rest right?


You may ask, what's the difference between Isenbin and the hugely popular Snowflake?



Sincerely, food wise, I would say they are almost the same. Perhaps the vast difference among the 2 is the outlet space. As everyone knows, most Snowflake's outlets are small and have limited space hence it's not easy to get a table that seats big group of friends.

That's not the case for Isenbin. Their ss2 outlet is spacious with plenty of tables and chairs that can seat many people at a go.

They have the similar poster as Snowflake about the history of their dessert!

And a similar menu too! LOL!

Look at their food presentation! Sooooo pretty, no? :D


RM6.50

Florence mixed her ingredients by picking out from the list given where she chose grass jelly with macha oee and red bean. It even comes with pearls and creamer!


Isenbin Signature Grass Jelly, RM6.90.

Being a person who's fickle minded, I cut down the hassle by going for their signature grass jelly (cold) that consists of grass jelly, sweet potato and yam oee.

However, after checking out their Facebook's page, I realised this bowl of sweet treat is supposed to come with macha oee too but mine came without :(

(There's 1 piece of macha oee on the right pic and that was given by Florence for me to try *tears of joy*)



All in all, I would say that I liked the desserts here as I find it to be pretty similar to Snowflake. Their oee and pearls are chewy too! Best part is I don't have to wait for a table nor long for my dessert to be served. It was pretty crowded on a Saturday night but since the space between each tables are further apart so it's really comfortable. The guy who took our orders is pretty attentive and friendly so that's a plus point too ;)


Isenbin, ss2.

I'm planning to bring my family to give this new place a try!

I guess Snowflake has found a competitor now! Given a proper management and service at Isenbin, I'm sure they'll be a threat to Snowflake in no time!! Eh, want to hire me to be your advisor or how to run your outlet? Hahahahaha... Just kidding wtf.


Isenbin Authentic Taiwanese Handmade Desserts
5, Jalan ss2/67
47300 Petaling Jaya

Here are a few landmarks for you to locate Isenbin:-
1. A few doors away from ss2's Starbucks.
2. Few doors away from Bread Story.
3. Opposite Wong Kok.
4. The row of shops facing A&W/ Hailam Kopitiam.


If you still can't locate the place with the directions given above, I don't know what else to say!

After dessert, you can even walk across the street for lok lok!!! Everyone shall grow fat together with me :p


Happy nomming!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you feel the guy who took your order look abit like 'Yip man'

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Hahahaha but I didn't post the photo of the person who took my order! i like your randomness ;)

Nikel Khor said...

Nice!

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Thanks! ^^

Isaac Tan said...

a nice place to chill out at :)

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Agree! ;) I'm there often too!