Monday, April 11, 2011

Unifi

My house is officially running on Unifi!!!!


I know you are jealous hehehe...

I can't express how happy I was with the new internet speed because Streamyx has been giving us a lot of problems for the past couple of months (page can't load and all) so I'm glad that my area finally has Unifi :D


The download speed is about 130-180kb/s!!!! Awesome right?

From now onwards, my entire life will be filled with fast internet speed like Australia because the internet in my office is equally fast! But gosh, I can't imagine going back to the crawling speed after getting used to this!


Since I'm in a great mood today, I'm going to give you guys a tip! For fast and free wifi in PJ, you can try out B.Timor (please ask for the cafe's name if you are interested. I don't want to write in full just in case my manager googles it out -_-) at Taman Megah!

I often brought my own laptop to work just so that I can leech the internet from our cafe downstairs to download my stuff LOL! The speed that I get every time is about 130-160kb/s (might vary for you so don't blame me if your speed is slow!)



That's all for today! ;) I'm old and I need to sleep early nowadays....

10 comments:

Fat Boy said...

I wish we had that kind of internet speed in south africa...

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

It's the matter of time and I believe u guys in south africa will have this speed soon! ;)

Australia have such speed for YEARS and Malaysia just started to have it now. It's just the matter of time...

Thanks for dropping by from South Africa!

xalimx said...

hye, i used streamyx, my download speed for 1mb = 160~180kbps....how can your download speed only 130~180kbps with 5mb(if you used mininum unifi package)?

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Hi xalimx! U r soooo lucky to have that download speed from Streamyx! When I was using Streamyx, my download speed was around 10-30kbps! There are 3 users in my house.

Unifi's download speed also depends on what am I'm downloading. If I download 1 song, the speed can go up to 600+kbps!!!

150-180kbps is when I'm downloading an album or series.

xalimx said...

waiting Unifi in my area....Kinrara...sigh~

do u torrent's user? is it ok with unifi?

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

I'm sure Kinrara will have Unifi soon! ;) Once u have it, your life will be changed. Forever!

I'm not a torrent user but my bro is. He said the download speed is about 100+ to 500+ especially at late at night.

I usually use direct download and the speed varies too depending on the time and file type :)

Definitely cannot stand Streamyx anymore. I always can't load the pages as it was too slow :(

xalimx said...

kinrara will have unifi soon~~~
glad to hear that~!

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Glad to hear that! :D Soon, everyone will be having fast internet speed!

But with quota is quite a pain :( Cannot simply download any movies that I like d...

popasto.. said...

how long u wait before they came to install.. I heard now got to wait about 4 month.. due to high demand which they cannot cope with..

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Hi Popasto! Thanks for commenting! I've registered with them wayyyy before Unifi's available at my area. So the moment my area has it, I think it took them 1-2 weeks to come to my place to install it. Hope my info helps! ;)