Friday, March 19, 2010

When The Tiger Roars, The Lion Dances

Yet another outdated Chinese New Year entry!

People are going to blog about the upcoming St Patrick's or Easter Day but I'm still blogging about the event that happened last month -_- In fact, I still have another Chap Goh Mei entry coming up wtf.


Anyhow, on the 23rd last month, my company has a lion dance function where all the HQ staff are supposed to attend and the dress code for the ladies were cheongsam. CHEONGSAM! I don't have any so I went around asking people if they could lend me but to no avail.

But at the end I have someone to sponsor me so yea, I happily went to buy my first ever virgin cheongsam :p


My parents and the sales girls all thought I look really nice in almost all cheongsams (maybe because I have the typical cina look) and they wanted me to buy all of them but since I'm a poor girl, I decided to settle for a more modern cheongsam.

My mum wanted me to get a plain dark purple cheongsam as it fits me better and looks more traditional but I prefer this better!

Photobucket
With darling Fauziah.

I like the fact that this cheongsam has 2 parts that are sheer (modern! ;)) and with flower embroidery. And I even bought the cheongsam a size bigger instead of tight fitting because I am THAT insecure FML.

Photobucket
Office's youngest manager (left) with office's longest working manager.

Li Ying's a graduate from Australia too! Worked in PWC for 4 years and became a manager at the tender age of 26-27! Awesome or what???

Photobucket
My company's drivers and store boys :) Of course we have more people for store and logistics but it's difficult to gather everyone together for photograph :(

Photobucket
Jay who kept requesting to take photos with me again and again!

For the whole night, I was kept busy with people requesting me to take photos with them and now I have loads of it in my folder! So if you (colleagues) are reading this and realised that I didn't post it up here, ampun!!!

There are too many to post it up in this tiny space T_T If I could, I would like to put it all up too! But I've uploaded it in my Facebook though :)


Photobucket
I have a few people asking me (including my dad) on why I don't tie my hair up into a bun. I have 2 reasons for that - 1) I wanted a more casual look and 2) I don't want my face to look too fat in photos.


Photobucket
Now my hair looks damn pretty. Not long later, it rained! I got a little wet and my hair was ruined!!! :( You'll get to see how ugly my hair was later!

Photobucket
Setting up the place.

Photobucket
Fizah, our receptionist.

Photobucket
With Fizah's very adorable but naughty son :p He was the star of the night! Everyone loves him so much because he's so cute looking.

Photobucket
3 new dudes in the company - May, Mei Ling & Jaclyn.

Photobucket
With the pretty and friendly Faridah from Bayu Timor cafe :)

Photobucket
Sunil, Faridah and Sara. Sara is very cute!

Not long later, it rained and the rain was so heavy that it only stopped after an hour! So our schedules were screwed up and everything was forced to adjourn 1 hour later.

Photobucket
When the rain stopped, the pros were at work.

Photobucket
"Ong-ing" our main outlet.

Photobucket
Stuff for prayers.

Sorry that photos will be all jumbled up because I'm lazy to rearrange it :p

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Our MD on the left, Mdm Dorothy, with GM Ms Jesrina.

Our company is totally controlled by women!

Photobucket
With the funny Fizi.

Upon looking at the photo, I can't stop laughing at his tummy and I asked him to suck it in.

Photobucket
He said he was unable to so he used his hands to cover only LMAO!!!

Photobucket
This is Fizi's amoi :p

The 1 and only close-up photo of my face! I love my colleague's SLR!!! T_T


Photobucket
Hehehe everyone looked so happy here :D

Photobucket
With Su Yen who looked absolutely stunning in her white cheongsam! Love her cheongsam so much ^^

Photobucket
Hahahaha they used clothes hanger to kiap the ang paus!

Photobucket
With Abang Wan and his very prosperous tummy xD

Photobucket
Love the wind effect wtf.

Jacqueline and Jaclyn. The 2 names that got customers, clients, suppliers and literally everyone confused in the office. So I'm forced to change my name to Jackie FML.

Photobucket
God of Prosperity/ God of Fortune!

Photobucket
Confirm I'll be damn prosperous this year already.

After this photo was taken, my colleague commented that the God of Fortune kept staring at me non-stop wtf I got so freaked out T___T

Photobucket
So colourful!

Photobucket
This is a piece of art man.

Photobucket
We have our own lion head :)

Photobucket
Why is this photo so blurry? :(

Photobucket
Favourite photo taken of the night!

Everyone commented that we looked very happy here! I was actually laughing because I was blocking Zaini behind as I'm much taller than him =x

Photobucket
Can you see the huge turnout behind those poles? I didn't expect so many people to watch! 1 of the stranger came up to me, asking me if he could take my photo or not. YOU THINK LEH?!?!?

Someone told me that this lion dance troupe was the best around and they just won another competition! Cool huh?

Photobucket
"I shall soar high...





Photobucket
...and show you my backside"

Photobucket
Mengaum!

My camera very clear eh? I used Canon that night instead of Olympus :)

Photobucket
"Must.not.fall. Otherwise damn malu"

Photobucket
Oh nom nom nom....





Photobucket
"Boss, please take the sayur"



Photobucket
2 new fellas in the office.

Everyone was teasing us saying why the both of us were so conservative and shy with each other wtf. Since both of us are playful, we got dared by people so we decided to play along...









Photobucket
And the cameras kept flashing like paparazzi wtf!

We both kept laughing because everyone was making a big hoo-ha of the photo above =.=''' I guess I really projected a very shy and conservative image in the office hahaha wtf.

He's like a big brother to me ler...



Photobucket
Door gifts for our guests.

Photobucket
You may sit outside if you enjoy the night breeze.

Photobucket
The powerful women in the office.

Photobucket
This 1 damn nice to drink!!!

Photobucket
HAHAHAHAHA...

Photobucket
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

My colleagues are that fun and crazy to play with!!!

Photobucket
With Choi Ping.

Look at how sweet she is when she smiles! She SELDOM smile 1 lor!

Photobucket
Sham wanted to take pic with us so he barged in.

Photobucket
Fizi said he wanted too. And he didn't forget to cover his tummy LOL~!

I went and sit down to rest my mouth for a bit after hours of smiling but my colleagues still come to request for photos taken with me T_T

Gonna post up 3 only because I'm lazy to re-size all.

Photobucket
I forgot his name =x

Photobucket
MY HAIR IS SO UGLYYYYYY T________T


Photobucket
The baby is super cute!!! I LOVE HER!

By 11+, most people have left already. Su Yen and I were chatting in the outlet before we were asked to join the managers and guests in Bayu Timor to chat and because of our position, we have to "sik jou" and mingle with them =.='''

Photobucket
It was then I was asked to drink and bottoms up again and again FML.

Thank goodness I don't get drunk easily otherwise damn jialat. I guess many of them were quite surprised and kept commenting that I'm a good drinker because I looked perfectly fine after a few rounds.

I think I really projected a good girl image in office and now everything is ruined wtf.




It may be wrong for me to say this but I do think that every girls should be able to drink at least a little especially when you are in my line of work. If your job requires you to meet people and socialize with them, you must be able to drink a bit lor!

That's to protect yourself if you get what I mean.


Before I sign out, here's another funny photo that I personally like a lot and thought of sharing with you all...






























































Photobucket
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


I can't stop laughing each time I see the photo above!

Told ya he's funny right?



Have a wonderful day ahead ;)

No comments: