Monday, February 22, 2010

My Roaring New Year, 2010

To make up for my lack of blogging, I shall compensate by writing a long one! More entries coming up because I was extremely efficient yesterday night - I managed to edit all the photos.

Just that uploading it is the biggest problem :(


So, here's the first part of my Chinese New Year! :D



Before the Chinese New Year, my company gave all of us a lot of goodies! :)

Photobucket
So generous of them, no?

Photobucket
My beloved cousin sister made this for me! The box contained fried seaweed inside.


If you still remember, I used to make it 2-3 years ago!

Photobucket
This is how it looks like.


Photobucket
GM gave me Baskin Robbins voucher! Now I get to redeem free ice-cream *beams*

Besides, she (GM) also bought a box of fortune cookies for us to eat and this is the note that I got in my fortune cookie...





Photobucket
Coincidentally, the accounts department has a new MALE colleague! So I guess I have to cook him some porridge since he's sick now wtf.

The best part of being the youngest in the office is that I get to receive many ang paus from my colleagues!!! I'm not too embarrassed since all of them are older than me. :p


On the day before New Year (Saturday), I woke up early to help with the cooking! I cooked lunch :) But no photos of the meal because those were just simple dishes. But I made this!





Photobucket
Dessert :D

Mum said that someone on TV said people must have dessert after meal to feel "hang fook". Not too sure he really meant "hang fook" or the stomach "hang fook" also -_-


On the same day, my family and I adjourned to my uncle's house for reunion dinner! It's supposed to be a pot-luck party but my aunty ended up cooking a feast that can feed the whole village LOL!

Photobucket
Jeng jeng jeng...

Photobucket
YUM! ^^

As for my 1st day of CNY, I actually stayed at home with my family :) I refused to go out with anyone (you know what day it is) and I am not really a person who believes in celebrating such day so I chose not to go out at all!

Mum actually encouraged me to go out with either 1 of them but I don't want lor! Weather so hot wtf.



On the 2nd day, I balik kampung!

Photobucket
Photo taken halfway through the journey.

It's great to leave the city for countryside once in awhile :) This year dad n mum didn't want to go back to Seremban and Kluang. So we only went to Segamat :( Lesser ang paus for this year already.




Photobucket
The sun is making me sleepy...

I like how my camwhored photos can deceive people hahaha. I don't PS my photos lah. I just know which angle I look best in only.


I'm... quite... erm... photogenic. So I'm uglier in person FML T___T

Wanna see me looking like a diva?

















Photobucket
So long didn't wear this sunglasses of mine! Bought it from Australia and I realised that not many Malaysians wear huge sunglasses like this :( So I wore it to sleep in the car wtf.


On the same day, while on the way back to KL, we stopped by at Melaka to visit my neighbours who originate from Melaka. You cannot imagine how excited I was because it has been years since I last stepped into Melaka FML.


They were SO happy to see us I swear. And they provide the best hospitality you can ever find! They actually cooked dinner for us instead of we kaotim ourselves omg this is why I always like people from small town! They are all so friendly and kind to everyone!!

Uncle and aunty purposely bought a few bottles of Long Chan for us to try! He said that this drink is only available in Melaka so it's a must for us to try.


Photobucket
Long Chan in Ais Krim Soda.

I heard from mum that this local brand has been around for more than 50 years! I wonder how did it managed to survive while competing with other giant brands such as Coca-Cola and F&N.

Photobucket
Taste wise, it's good! Not too gassy nor sweet. I loved it! ;)


The 3rd day was a very happening day! I have more than 10 relatives who came to my house for a visit. I love having people coming to my house because I love crowds but I doubt my dad feels the same way.

Dad don't mind crowds but only on special occasions like birthday or festive season. On the other hand, I'm happy if people come to my house! Hence, I always invite friends over to my house back in Australia and thankfully, my 2 sweet housemates don't mind at all :p


Right after my relatives left, brother's friends came! I even bought a packet of cookies for them to eat and they finished it up in a jiffy!!!

I actually wanted to bake some cookies for CNY but I just.don't.have.the.time T___T So got to use my own money to buy.


Photobucket
Men.

Photobucket
Kanasai who loves to show off his muscles -_-

HELP-ians... I bet you all still remember Edward, RIGHT?

On the right is Lionel. Also from HELP. I used to be very afraid of him because he's a jaguh Taekwondo. The first time I got to know him, he was in crutches because he broke his leg while fighting sparring with someone in tournament I guess.


On top of that, he doesn't smile as much as he does now so yea, you understand how I feel right? But he's good looking lah! LOL.


Photobucket
KGene and LMing.

Gosh! I know them for so many years already! I think they actually watched me grow I actually grew up with them wtf.

Photobucket
The fella who finished all my kacang putih.

That night itself, I went for dinner with my beloved secondary school friends! :)

Venue: Loong Foong, Taman Paramount.

Photobucket
Chin Howe, Mei Gee, Shin Shin and our long lost Hui Xin!!!

Hui Xin came back from Singapore for CNY so that's why we managed to ask her out.

Photobucket
Hui Xin with the twins - whom I don't know because they're from another class.

Photobucket
Me with Siew Ling, Koon Wah, Siok Yee and Kher Li.

3 girls who wore traffic light colours each.

So embarrassing on that day because Koon Wah and I were the last to arrive! Like, we were 45 minutes late because Koon Wah was so late to pick me up!!! I was already waiting for him long ago lor! So, girls, don't blame me. Blame him. :p

Photobucket
My Nth round of yee sang.

Photobucket
Lou ar....Lou ar... HUAT AR!!!!

Photobucket
Ong ar... ong ar... HUAT AR!!!!

Photobucket
The sweetest smile you can ever get from our assistant monitor! She's forever so sweet and smiley so tell me, how are we suppose to be afraid of her back then? :p

Photobucket
Shark fin soup.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Waiter in action.

Photobucket
Waiter and waitress in action.

But then, I got help to serve on that night too! Siew Ling and I were incharged of tea so for the whole night we kept refilling tea and ice for people FOL.

Photobucket
Sorry, don't know the name for this.

Photobucket
Gong Hei Fatt Choy (vege). Very salty if were to eat it without rice.

Photobucket
Siu ha ha (prawn). Very nice! It was fried until crispy and I love the sauce.

Photobucket
Hou chi ju gam fei (pork knuckle). The source of our weight gain and cholesterol wtf.

Ok I didn't eat the fats. But taste wise, I think it's just so-so as it tasted rather bland. I think they should cook it longer so that the meat could be more tender.

Photobucket
Nin nin yau yu (fish).

Nothing special. Just like any other steam fish though.

Photobucket
Guess what are those???






Photobucket
Loh mai fan! So cute right?!?!?!

Very oily.




Photobucket
Fried balls with lotus paste and peanut filling.

And finally, we finished off the meal with....





Photobucket
Longan and sea cucumber dessert! I had always love longan with sea cucumber ^^

Photobucket
Our dinner ala chinese wedding style costs RM388. Not too bad right? :)

Photobucket
Must take picture with Hui Xin! MUST!!!

Photobucket
Group photo!

But Mei Gee's missing in the photo because she went home first to inform her family that all of us will be dropping by for a visit I think.

Photobucket
2 Wongs. Both Hainanese. But 1 can speak the language while the other can't.

Guess who can't speak??? :p



Chin Howe is the one who can't speak the language! But at least he knows how to say, "nung bo bat gung hai nam weh" LOL! Which means 'I can't speak Hainanese'. Malu lah you!!!

Photobucket
All warming up to gamble.

Photobucket
Look at all the gamblers in action!

Only Siok Yee and I don't gamble so we both entertained ourselves by chatting with each other and watched TV. I love gatherings so I wouldn't allow myself to miss occasion like this where I get to spend time with friends and catching up with each other.


By 11+, we all moved over to Sea Park mamak for yamcha and man, that place was hell packed with people! I guess there're many local people who have nowhere to go but to lepak at mamak hahaha. William was closed for almost a week though so all have to yamcha at Sea Park LOL!


So... I just shared with you guys my 3 days of CNY! More to come but I shall save it for another day instead ;) How did you guys spend your holidays?



Before I sign off, my company will be having lion dance tomorrow and the dresscode for the ladies is cheongsam! Here's a sneak peak of me in cheongsam....

















Photobucket
I look like an import from China T___T


I don't have a full pic of myself in cheongsam but I'll make sure to take some photos of my cheongsam tomorrow okay? That's my first virgin cheongsam so I'm quite excited wtf. Am still considering whether to tie my hair up in a bun or just leave it down as it is though.

Guess I'll decide everything tomorrow :p

Signing off now!

No comments: