Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Slice of Heaven @ Jaya One

Good things must be shared, right?

I'm so excited of my new experience with this newly opened shop called A Slice of Heaven in Jaya One. My brother came across a food blog that recommend this little shop here and he decided to bring me there for a little, sinful indulgence.


I was a little skeptical at first because my brother couldn't even remember the name of the shop, (after telling me again and again how good the cakes are from the blog)! He only remembered it was beside the Cold Storage -_-


To my surprise, the shop's layout is really simple - painted in blue with pillows of clouds. There's a "tree" placed in the middle of the shop; decorated with cookies. In my honest opinion, I think it would be a better idea to place some tables and chairs instead of wasting the space with those useless decorations like that.


That tells you 1 thing - buy and take away.

From what I learnt in my major, I thought lifestyle concept is the 'in' thing now? Shouldn't all entrepreneurs be aware of the current trend and try to penetrate into the market? Well, I guess they have their reasons for such concept :|


I'll show you what do I mean by lifestyle concept in my birthday entry next ;)


I agreed that all the cakes look sooooooooo good! I was so tempted to try everything they have there - not until I saw the prices. On average, it costs roughly about RM10 for each. Might be a little pricey for students but since my brother is working now, he said the prices are fine.

Isn't it awesome to have a working sibling???? :p


With my brother's generosity, he picked (trying his very best to recall what was recommended from the blog wtf) and bought 6 cakes (5 different flavours) to be shared by everyone in the family. I shall rate my preference in order this time. My favourite will be showed last.


5. Choc & Cheese Individuals.

Don't get me wrong. Every single cakes that we bought are really good. The reason why the above was my least favourite is because I find it nothing special as compared to the rest of the cakes bought.

It was good that the chocolate isn't that sweet (I can't take anything that's way too sweet), very moist but at the same time, it wasn't too soft. Love the cheese on top :)


4. Sticky Butterscotch

I thought this sticky butterscotch looks like Medusa hair hahahaha

When I told my younger brother about it, he said that my imagination is beyond comparison wtf. There's a way to eat this - microwaved it for 15seconds so that the butterscotch melts a little for extra oomph.

Other than the butterscotch, I think the cake tasted a bit like carrot cake so I liked it a lot :D


Omg here comes my Top 3 favourites!




3. Death by Chocolate

Chocolate lovers musn't miss this!!!

The chocolate is very rich, but not too sweet. The closest I would compare this with is the Secret Recipe's Chocolate Indulgence. It tastes exactly like that! And Choc Indulgence is SR's signature cake. In this sense, I have yet to introduce A Slice of Heaven's signature cake.


2. Banana Cream Pie

1 word to describe this - awesome.

I love the crust which tasted like digestive-biscuit. Topped with slices of caramelized bananas and custard cream as filling, it tastes SO good that you just have to try it yourself.


Here comes the best cake of all!!!

Jeng jeng jeng...







1. Durian Chocolate x2

2 words to describe - sibehhhhhhh nice!!!

I seriously have no idea how to describe how delicious this durian chocolate cake is. It tastes like heaven, the moment you laid a first bite on it. I kid you not. My whole family voted this as the best cake too!


If you google for a bit, you'll realise that everyone voted this as the best cake in A Slice of Heaven too! This is, indeed, their signature and best seller cake.



The pungent durian smell and the smoothness of the chocolate are incredible. There's also durian pulp inside which makes the whole cake spells the word p.e.r.f.e.c.t on its own. Thank goodness my brother was smart enough to buy 2 pieces of it. Otherwise, I'm sure we'll be fighting for it and ended up in Klinik Ronnie already (nearest clinic at my place) wtf.


Damn it I'm craving for this Chocolate Durian now :(


After a little bit of research, I found out that their 3ple Espresso Brownie is highly recommended too! My brother didn't buy it, despite knowing that I heart brownies a lot T_T So I guess I just have to drop by at that place again to fulfill my cravings.


Though the price is a little on the hefty side, but I think it's well worth every cent paid. Or simply grab someone to pay the bill for you :p


Here are the informations:-

A Slice of Heaven, by Just Heavenly.
At Jaya One
Blk E, B2
No. 72A Jalan Universiti
46200, Petaling Jaya.


Alternatively, they have another shop in Bukit Damansara :D

Pleasures
Lot G, 1.05
No 1, Jln Media Setia 1
Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur


Just for your information, Bukit Damansara is very close to our HELP UC okay? Do drop by and I assure that you won't regret it~!

2 comments:

JoinMe said...

Hi Jaclyn [Yian],
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks.
P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

Jaclyn [Yian] said...

Hi! Noted with thanks! Love your site btw ;)