Sunday, May 03, 2009

Steamboat dinner at Macquarie

Yesterday was seriously a VERY long day!

It has been such a long time since I last felt so busy and have been working non-stop. Well, our bachelorette's house at Macquarie had steamboat dinner yesterday and invited a few friends over :)


Too bad our unit is small so I can't invite all my close friends over but there will always be another time~!


Anyway, yesterday we girls woke up early in the morning to go to the West End market for fresh vegetables and seafood. We bought so much and it's just the 3 of us carrying all the heavy groceries back because the guys have mid-term exams. But no doubt that the seafood in West End is fresh and reasonably priced.

We had Langos and Lepeny as brunch!

Photobucket
Langos is Suann and my fav!!!

Suann, next time will be my treat okay?

Photobucket
Xu prefers the Lepeny instead.


After buying all the seafood and vegetables, it's time to head home to clean and wash everything! We spent a few hours cleaning everything to ensure that it's really clean so that our guests won't get stomachache! We are all very responsible hosts lor please!!!

The hardest and most disgusting to clean is none other than the scallops.


Photobucket
They not only look ugly. They are smelly too! T____T

Photobucket
You can either peel and pull...

Photobucket
...or cut those I don't-know-what-disgusting thing off. Probably it's the shit or what I don't know.

Photobucket
We both worked very hard in the kitchen! :p



Here are roughly what we bought :)

Photobucket
Fresh and clean scallops.

Photobucket
Fresh prawns.

Photobucket
Expensive lalas.

Photobucket
Fresh veges.

Photobucket
Fish balls, fish tofu, etc. It's actually steamboat mix so there are a variety inside.

Photobucket
Xu marinating her secret recipe grilled chicken.


Will post the photo up later.

After all the cleanings, Xu and I went to Coles for more grocery shopping!! I almost died for having to carry all the heavy drinks, meat, etc. We both came home and started to boil the soups.


As for the soup base, we have...

Photobucket
tomyam soup.

We added extra tomatoes, lemongrass and chili padi (bird's eye) for extra flavour.


The other soup base that we had was...

Photobucket
herbal soup.

Seriously the herbal soup is freakingggggggggggggg awesome!!!!

We added soooo many of our own herbs inside and boiled it for hours under low fire.


Photobucket
1 mother rice cooker with 2 little kids.

The big rice cooker belongs to us while the 2 small ones belong to the guys from Manors.

Photobucket
Food waiting to be cooked!

Photobucket
My fruit punch ^^

Was a big hit yesterday! Lol...

I guess everyone loves it is because the tomyam was too spicy! :p But somehow to us girls (my housemates and I) think that the spiciness was just right. We share a similarity - we can really take spicy food :)


Photobucket
Xu with her specialty dish.

Photobucket
They were being grilled for almost 45mins!

Photobucket
Our house uses the old type of oven where it's not electric but flames instead. We love it because things get cooked faster and somehow, nicer.



Finally, our guests arrived despite being 30mins late. The irony thing is that the ones staying next door came even later than those who stayed at different suburb =.='''

Photobucket
The boss who came with his 2 good friends. There!!! Can you see his 2 good friends behind? :p


Every time Terence and Andy came to our house, for sure they'll take photos together. Here's something for you to compare. Compare the 2 photos below and tell me what are the similarities that you can see.


Photobucket
Take 1.

Photobucket
Take 2.

Can you guess?
















They both smiled the same in both photos!
(Phan-0: Terence-1)


Photobucket
2 sweeties aka Andy's housemates.

Seriously I wish to have more time to chat with you girls but I was too busy :( Next time I shall come to your place for chit chatting ^^


Photobucket
Can you see the smokes from the rice cookers?


Photobucket
We ended up having 4 rice cookers for our steamboat session. Ohya! Can you see the super huge fish balls floating there?




Photobucket
We called it as the mutated fish balls wtf. Superrrrr fat seriously!


Photobucket
2 trays of grilled chickens *yum*

Photobucket
FEAST PEOPLE!!!

Photobucket
This was how we eat that night because our space is really limited! Lol!!!

But our carpet is really clean because we vacuum and clean our house often. Besides, Suann even vacuumed the carpet that morning :)


Photobucket
Xu's finger blocked the flash! Lol!!! She's such a bad photographer XD But we still love u darling~!


From the photo above, somehow I think Sim and I have the same smile while Andy and Terence have the same expression! (Phan-0: Terence-2)

Photobucket
See! Told ya that Xu's a bad photographer! Lol!!! Look at her finger! Damn funny.

For once, Andy and Phan shared the same smile. (Phan-1: Terence-2)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I loveeee Lienne's expression! Isn't she adorable??? ^^

And I'm currently having 'good skin of the week'. I didn't put any foundation lor. Love it when my complexion is good! I didn't put any blusher either. It was hot and my face turns red very easily when it's hot.


(You may/may not know, I do have good hair day and bad hair day as well. Now I'm adding the good skin and horrible skin week into my list! Lol~!)


Photobucket
I obviously wasn't posing -_- I was talking and pointing at Amanda about something T____T


Please take note of Sim's face in the photo above. I laughed for a good 5 mins at it!!


Finally by 11+, it was time for everyone to go home...






Photobucket
I really feel sorry for my son.

But thank goodness he managed to catch the last bus. Otherwise he has to walk home from Toowong's citycat! I couldn't imagine that!!!



Last but not least....





Photobucket
We are the chefs of the day :p

And Suann was our coordinator ^^ She makes sure that everything runs smoothly and help us out in sooooooooo many things! Thank you to both girls for all your hard work ;)


Photobucket
And also thanks to everyone who came! You guys are such a great company to have ^^



As you may realised, I actually relocated our furniture to make more space for the dinner and the guys actually suggested that we should stick to it that way because it made our unit looks more spacious! So we decided to leave it for a week to see if we like it that way :)

*Credit Su-ann for the photos!*


p/s-It's 3am now and I'm hungry :( But I had a wonderful day today!!! ;)

Good night peeps!

No comments: