Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Moo Moo Year House Visiting

An entry that should be posted during the Chinese New Year but I was so busy and delayed it right until today :p


This year I only managed to visit my secondary friends' house and not a single one from university friends. Long story so I'm not going to explain but well, I enjoyed myself at least. This year's CNY might not be as exciting as previous years, but by having a simple family gathering and being around with friends are enough to make me feel contented and happy.


Balik kampung this year has been very rushed because my family went to 3 different places this year namely Seremban, Segamat and Kluang in a day's time. Sure is tiring, no? No choice because my elder brother resumed working on the 3rd day of CNY while I volunteered to go back to work on the 4th day.

On the 6th day, my relatives came back from their vacation and we had family reunion dinner at Tropicana Golf and Country Club. It's a buffet so it doesn't really feels like reunion dinner if you get what I mean. I'm beginning to dislike CNY. 3 years ago my grandpa passed away during CNY and this year my grandma isn't around to cook for reunion dinner. And we can't celebrate CNY this year cuz my grandma hasn't passed away for 100 days or something (according to some Chinese customs).

Photobucket
Granddaughters of the Wong's family.

My favourite cousin sister (her surname is not Wong though) on the left is actually older than me! But because of my height and her being so petite, it seems like I'm wayyyy older than her T___T


I am the oldest granddaughter of the Wong's family. Semua tabik!!! LOL.



Our Sunday's house visiting started off badly. It rained cats and dogs when Teng arrived at my house. Anyway, the first house we went to was Shen Ling's (sorry girl, weird to call you Shennie :p) house and both of us were drenched under the rain. Therefore, what you are about to see are all photos of my screwed up hair.


After spending sometime at Shen ling's house and me being hamsap-ed by her Shihtzu, Whisky, we adjourned to Wendy's house.

Photobucket
Those gamblers gambled as usual while those who doesn't gamble (Siok Yee and me) or too pokai to gamble (Teng and SLing) played chor tai dee without money involved.


We spent the longest time at Wendy's place by gobbling down all her delicious cookies, Teng and I invited everyone to join our dinner with Cheok Tho and Pui Yi and everyone agreed. But before that, a few of us left first because we promised to go to Pui Yi's house pai nin.

Photobucket
Shen Ling - Jaclyn - Cheok Tho - Pui Yi.

Photobucket
Shennie - Felicia (Teng) - Sherry - I-forgot-Pui-Yi's-Eng-name-so-sorry.

After the above serious and demure looking photos, Cheok suddenly suggested that we should start posing like how we did last time because she didn't get to join us.

Photobucket
We happily obliged.

Photobucket
But we couldn't pose a lot because Pui Yi's family was there staring at us. Pretty embarrassing you know!


Next, we headed over to Niu Ze Xui for dinner at a restaurant called 100 celcius or something.

Photobucket
We were famished for food but still able to pose for the camera first. That's the power of vanity!

Photobucket
A very precious photo taken. That's because I get to see her about once a year only!!!

Photobucket
All of us were tired. And famished.

Photobucket
Teng, Shin Shin and Siew ling.

Photobucket
Siok Yee and Pik Chee. Pik Chee was one of the prettiest girl in our class back then :) So sweet looking isn't she?

Photobucket
Don't know what Ming and Wendy dear.

He's NOT a 5-Mawarian! But he's close to most of my classmates.

Photobucket
Chun Wah: I don't want to take photo!!! I DON'T WANT!
Yian: Nevermind. Taken already XD

Photobucket
1 thing cool about this restaurant is that they serve a wide variety of sauces for you to choose from! They have a section specially for sauces and the types that we took above is just a small part of the sauces available.

Photobucket
CNY special package - RM88. Good number!

Photobucket
On the left is clear soup while on the right is curry soup.


Their curry soup sucks to the max so don't bother to order that if you dine there. The smell of it is good, but the taste is bad :(

Photobucket
I ordered tomyam soup as expected (my fav soup for steamboat is always tomyam) while the above is herbal soup.


Recommended soups - tomyam and herbal. Sibeh nice.


After a very satisfying meal, 5 of us decided to walk around NZX for a little digestion while the other 7 headed back to Wendy's house again. Why? I'll let you know later.

Photobucket
NZX brought Disney characters over! Entrance fee is RM10 and you'll get a photo taken professionally or exchange it for a water bottle. Since we are all so old, we would rather use the money for a cup of Starbucks instead of paying RM10 to take picture with Disney characters.


No, we didn't go in. If you are interested to go, better hurry because I think the event is going to end soon. Or perhaps ended already I'm not sure. LOL.

Photobucket
Ahhh.. I love this picha! Beautiful lightings behind ^^

There was a joke on that day. Since I was the tallest among the girls, I actually told a random aunty that I brought my daughter ,Cheok Tho, (on my right in the photo above) to take picture with Mickey and you must see the expression from the aunty I swear!!!


She was soooooo shocked and gave this expression to me O_O before bursting into laughters. I'm not sure whether she believed or not but I felt so sorry to crack such joke to the aunty. I'm always so crazy with my friends around gosh.

I think she actually believed me -__-

Photobucket
In front of Full House.

Uni mates. Next time I bring you all to Full House okay? It's a very pretty and cute place for yamcha ;)

Photobucket
Initially I wanted to immitate the Donald Duck's expression but due to the many stares that we got from people, I decided to pose normally instead.



Again, we went back to Wendy's place for....

LOU SANG!

Photobucket
Wendy preparing the yeesang. Yum~

Photobucket
Everyone on the right ready?

Photobucket
On the left ready?

Photobucket
Get set...

Photobucket
Lou!!!!

Photobucket
Like war only -____-


The yeesang was yummy but all of us were too full from dinner to finish up everything so there's quite a lot of leftovers that night.



It was a really fun day out with classmates and let's do more of it in future when I come back! LOL. Let our laughters fill the room once again with our silly jokes shall we? Till then, we shall continue to keep in touch ;)





p/s - Next time no more silly old Chinese movies lah. LOL.

No comments: