Friday, February 13, 2009

Grandma's Wong San

After spending 2 months in Malaysia,

After attending a few ceremonies in respect of my grandma,

After having a wonderful time working and hanging out with friends,

At least I got to attend one of the last ceremony for my grandma on Friday, 2 days before I went back to Australia.



Not too bad eh? It was my grandma's wong san. Though I have no idea what it's all about but I reckon it's something good so it's all good :) Those who know what wong san means, kindly enlighten me ok?


Photobucket
All of us praying according to what the person in front told us to do.


It really funny. My grandparents are Hainanese but the person who performed the prayers speaks Hakka! My brothers and I really wonder if my grandparents understand what is he talking about -___-'''

Photobucket
Offerings.

Photobucket
Offerings.

Photobucket
Burning offerings for my grandparents.


I hate to say this but I think Chinese prayers contribute the most to global warming thanks to all the joss sticks and offerings burning. Like I mentioned before, I think in future all the joss sticks will be battery operated. LOL.


Now let me show you the wonders of our Wong family.


Photobucket
To clarify, the fei chai on the right is not from our Wong family. He's my cousin's cousin.
Surname - Cheah.

Photobucket
Seems like the one on the left loves the camera a lot. LOL.

Photobucket
Grandsons of Wong's family. Except for you-know-who.


Alright alright. Now is the ladies' turn.












Photobucket
Granddaughters of Wong's family are only 3. My favourite cousin on the right is my aunt's daughter. But she's still my first cousin ^^
Surname - Eng.



Have you noticed the wonders of our Wong family?

Have you??

Photobucket
Look at our sizes! Gosh!!!

All XL size lor! T____T

Photobucket
Now don't ask me why I don't go on diet wtf. It's difficult for all of us. Thanks to a word called 'inheritance' *sob*

Photobucket
Have a look at the wonders of our family again.








Photobucket
We have a very small family. Many of you might have a big family, so big until your family tree can't fit into a piece of paper but I'm glad that I have a small, but close knitted family.

I am, very close to all my relatives from my father's side.

Photobucket
See how happy everyone is :)




Photobucket
Finally, a picture with my cousin sister!


Reason for me wearing a huge sunglasses is because I didn't make up. Earlier, I had made an appointment with Florence for facial after the ceremony so that explains why. I kinda regret going for the facial on Friday so late because the redness did not subside and I went back to Australia with red pimply face T_______T




But the lady is really nice and overall everything is good so I'll be going back to her again when I come back from Aussieland :) Besides, I permed my lashes too on that day so my make up regime is so much faster and easier now because I spend the most time in curling my lashes in order to achieve the fake lashes result.




Now it's so much easier! Without having to curl it :p


I was soooooo tempted to do eyelash extension instead of perming but the lady told me that I need to go back to her every 2 months or so to top up the lashes that fall off! I can't do that in Australia! And I don't wish to look like an idiot with fake lashes hanging at the tip of my real lashes because it is advisable not to pull them out yourself. Instead, go back to them to remove it if you wish because they have the chemical to remove the glue.


If you must pull the lashes out yourself, be prepared to lose a few of your real lashes. Mine is 'limited edition' so I really treasure my lashes a lot. LOL.






p/s-Florence, remember our appointment in July! :p

No comments: