Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fact About Yian III

Are you a leftie?


Since young, I always thought left-handed people are smarter judging on all my friends who are a leftie. Moreover, I was also told by some people that generally, left-handed people are indeed, smarter. I really wonder how true it is.


Yesterday, out of boredom, I googled and found an interesting fact from Wikipedia about left-handers. It states that left-handers are smarter than average people!



I quote:

In his book Right-Hand, Left-Hand, Chris McManus of University College London argues that the proportion of left-handers is rising and left-handed people as a group have historically produced an above-average quota of high achievers. He says that left-handers' brains are structured differently in a way that widens their range of abilities, and the genes that determine left-handedness also govern development of the language centers of the brain.

McManus also says that the increase in the 20th century of people identifying as left-handed could produce a corresponding intellectual advance and a leap in the number of mathematical, sporting, or artistic geniuses.

In 2006, researchers at Lafayette College and Johns Hopkins University in a study found that left-handed men are 15 percent richer than right-handed men for those who attended college, and 26 percent richer if they graduated. The wage difference is still unexplainable and does not appear to apply to women.


I actually read the whole thing (what I've quoted above is just a small part of it) and I find it amusing! I didn't know that different countries perceive left-handedness differently. In fact in many countries, they perceive it negatively.




The thing is... I am a leftie.

I was born a leftie but raised up as a rightie. Since young I lived with my grandparents and when I started to learn how to write, I wrote with left hand and my grandpa was really unhappy about it. So, he demanded me to write with right hand and each time he saw me writing with left hand, he'll smack my hands.
Real hard.



You know how superstitious old people are.

That's why today I'm writing with right hand though I grab and eat food with left :p I was able to write with both hands back then but now I couldn't. In fact, it was so long ago that I've forgotten I'm a leftie. Years ago I told my mum that people who write with left hand are so cool and she said, "What? You write with left hand last time! You are born left-handed!"




And many years till now, I never forget that I'm a leftie because why?



I'm damn proud to be a left-hander!!!
I have no freaking idea why too. Screw all the bad things they said.



Okay. According to studies, I should be smart wtf. Don't play play.


LOL.





Here are my previous Part I and Part II facts.

No comments: